For current updates, visit our Community Updates page and follow us on
or email us at: email@example.com
Welcome to Alton Village
by Mary Cooney, President, Alton Village Association
The Purpose of the AVA, is set out in our Letters Patent, dated June 22, 2007.
- To work collectively to protect and enhance the quality of life, the environment and the character of the community of Alton, its residents and businesses.
- To collect and share information regarding issues, events and developments affecting the residents and businesses of Alton.
- To monitor and respond to the policies, procedures and actions of the various governing bodies, councils and committees whose plans, by-laws and decisions may affect the residents and businesses of Alton.
- To advocate and initiate action consistent with the purposes of the Association.
- For such other complementary purposes that are consistent with the preceding purposes.
The Mission of the AVA is to make the Village of Alton a better place to live, work and play; to encourage and enhance community spirit. We cannot complete this mission without you. We need your support.
How can you support the AVA?
- Become a member of the AVA (we are currently working on a plan to help facilitate joining the AVA).
- Let us know if you are interested in volunteering time to serve on our committees. (Notice will be given as the need arises). We always need help when we are organizing and putting on events, for example the annual lighting of the Tree at the Village Square in December or the 200th Bicentennial Celebration.
New ideas are always welcome!
Please contact us using our AVA e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org We also want to encourage you to visit our AVA Facebook for updates.
We are all aware that the last couple of years have been very difficult for everyone, given COVID. Your Directors continue to be involved in your community. We direct committees for current village projects and we also actively participate on committees created and led by community representatives. Some are as follows:
- Environmental Assessment (EA) for Main Street North / Queen Street West (Village Committee)
- West Caledon Community Group (WCCG)
- Historical Alton Public School (Village Committee)
- Alton Village Bicentennial (Village Committee)
- Alton Village Butterflyway (Village Committee)
- Historical District Committee (Town of Caledon)
- The Village Square is also managed by the AVA. Maintaining and upgrading your Village Square is one of our passions.
The Four Seasons of Alton