The Party was a terrific success. Thank you to all who attended.
Thank you to our many volunteers.
New attractions were added this year including fire pits (for cooking “s’mores”) and more globe lighting. Both free hot chocolate and warm apple cider were provided. Generous donations of delicious cookies were made available. The best hot dogs ever and s’mores were for sale. The Party began with the special delivery of a very jolly Santa on our Alton fire trucks. The colourfully garbed Town Crier led a musical countdown to the lighting of the tree (a real tree!). Eric Wood then led a rousing carol singing, followed by a meet and greet in the Square. This annual Party could not happen without the generosity of many. We wish to extend a special “thank you” to the following:
* Santa, who delighted both children and adults.
* Our great Alton Fire Department for delivering and attending our event.
* Andrew Welch our official (and award-winning) Town Crier, who opened our event and whom we all look forward to seeing.
* The Reynolds family of Alton for providing us with such great support and for again loaning us their B.B.Q. and providing the best hot dogs ever.
* Spirit Tree of Caledon for providing wonderful Apple Cider which we look forward to every year.
* Tim Hortons of Caledon for providing Hot Chocolate which was certainly appreciated.
* D&D Commercial Services – Emanuel Cini for providing great hotdog buns.
* The volunteer bakers from the Village for providing such tasty homemade cookies for free.
* McLean-Sherwood Event Rental of Orangeville supplied vintage lighting.
* Alton Public School for Advertising our Event and ensuring that every child went home with a flyer.
* Community Business Owners and services who displayed our advertising for the event.
* Barry Metson for removing snow so we could gather around the tree, and walk in the Square.
We also want to thank Allan Thompson Mayor for his ongoing support for Alton and Ian Sinclair, Regional Councillor, Lynn Kiernan, Area Councillor, for their community support and attendance at the Party.
This Annual event would not take place without the help from our very generous Community.
If we have missed anyone, we apologize.