The roadway remains open with temporary lane closures:
• Main Street South, between Station and South of King (at cemetery slope) – West side of the roadway remains temporary closed – signals in place; and,
• Main Street South, North of Beechgrove (around the Southern island) – East side of the roadway remains temporary closed – signals in place.
*** Please note that our Contractors are actively working on the remaining items:
• Since the last update, the Contractor:
• Continued work on the retaining wall adjacent to the cemetery:
• Installed steel reinforcement: drilled-in dowels, vertical and horizontal bars
• Formed and poured four 10m sections (#2, #4, #5 and #6)
• Continued forming final two 10m long sections (#7 and #8) – final concrete pour is scheduled for the last week of April
• Commence placement of armour stone blocks at Southern gateway island, North of Beechgrove
• Commenced stone work at gateway monument at Northern island, North of Beechgrove
• Commenced removal and placement of granular material for new sidewalks and decorative splash pads along both East and West sides of Main Street, South of McClellan
• Commenced driveways reconstruction
Just as a reminder, once all sections (eight in total) of the concrete wall at the cemetery are poured, random stones will be installed inside the wall formed openings. The back side of the wall will be backfilled and a swale for drainage provided. Black aluminum railing will be installed on top of the wall, throughout the entire length.